Buy Local, The Power of Choice.
- Every time you make a purchase, you're exercising power of choice. The choice is yours. You have the power to strengthen & enrich your community.
- Did you know?
- For every two jobs national retailers bring to a community, three jobs are lost as a result of local businesses closing down.
- When you shop locally owned businesses, your money is re-circulated over and over and creates up to 75% more tax revenue to our community and town.
- Independent businesses raise the standard of living in your community because they take their profits and buy products and services from other local businesses, thus creating more and more tax revenues needed for the community to thrive.
- Millions of dollars of tax revenue subsidies handed to chain stores by financially-starved local governments drain even more tax revenue from our community and town.
- Blighted empty shopping areas are created in your community when chain stores re-locate to a more lucrative shopping center, or leave altogether. Literally hundreds of big stores are abandoned each year across the United States.
- Independent businesses are unique enterprises that contribute to the character of our community by offering a more diverse selections of goods and services.
- Independent businesses provide meaningful service with a personal touch. It matters to them that you are satisfied and will come back again.
- Carefully planned predatory pricing practices have allowed national chains to establish virtual monopolies as they drive local competition out of business, and often with goods that are of lesser quality but represented as the same.
- Make a difference with a few simple steps:
- Make a decision to find and patronize a locally owned business, wherever possible.
Dine at a local, independent restaurant and treat yourself to a unique and personal dining experience.
- When you shop online with out-of-town or overseas companies, it doesn't contribute a dime to the local economy. So check for businesses who offer the same products locally, and some even deliver.
- Tell your associates, family, and friends what is happening and why. We all create our communities. Let's create strong and vibrant communities as a legacy for our future generation.